The current art teacher (and teacher in charge of yearbook) at Hillsboro High School is a wonderful woman I went through my MAT program with. She contacted me and asked if I would be willing to volunteer my time and talent to come in and take senior portraits of students who hadn’t had the opportunity earlier in the year to get portraits done. Of course my answer was yes! So last Thursday, Cory and I gathered up our gear and headed out to Hillsboro High School.
There were some challenges:
- extremely cold/misty weather
- a million geese who, I swear on my life, wanted to eat us
- limited areas to photograph on school grounds
- photographs absolutely had to be close up
- each student was only allowed 10 minutes of shooting time (that included walking to the location of their choice on campus)
- almost every teen asked if they could see the pictures I took of them right after shooting because they were terrified I would take a grotesque portrait, edit it and send it to the yearbook to be published. Because I’m evil and have no sense of style.
Despite the challenges, Cory and I had such a blast. The kids were so fun to work with. I haven’t finished editing them all, but I couldn’t resist sharing a handful of finished portraits today with all of you. Aren’t they gorgeous!?